Recipe originally posted on Epicurious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño chili
- 8 6-inch-diameter flour tortillas
- 8 ounces Brie, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 large papaya, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced crosswise
- Sour cream
- Purchased salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and jalapeño and sauté until onion is just tender, about 4 minutes; cool slightly.
- Arrange 4 tortillas on a heavy, large baking sheet. Arrange Brie, then cilantro, papaya and onion mixture over tortillas, dividing equally. Top each with another tortilla, pressing to adhere.
- Bake quesadillas until cheese melts and filling is heated through, about 8 minutes. Transfer quesadillas to plates; cut into wedges. Serve passing sour cream and salsa, if desired.