Provided by Skinny Taste
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce (or gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp canola or vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 5 cups edamame, in pod*
- *If frozen, place edamame in a microwave-safe bowl and heat edamame for 2-3 minutes, or until defrosted.
- In a small bowl, combine orange zest, cayenne, sesame seeds and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, bring soy sauce, chicken broth and honey to a slow boil over medium heat. Continue to gently boil until sauce is reduced by half, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil, garlic and ginger and sauté for 30 to 60 seconds. Add edamame and orange peel/spice mixture and toss to evenly coat.
- Add sauce to the edamame, toss and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened and edamame is heated through.