Recipe provided by Genius Kitchen
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or 2 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups salad oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups ripe breadfruit, peeled and mashed (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1⁄2cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together the dry ingredients.
- Add oil, and stir well.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla and continue beating with electric mixer.
- Beat in breadfruit until smooth.
- Remove fibrous breadfruit from beater.
- Stir in nuts.
- Bake in 3 long pans for 45 minutes.