Serves 8 to 12
- 2 cups Mango, ripe local, peeled and cubed
- 1 T. Rice vinegar
- 2 T. Raisins
- 1 T. Honey
- 2 tsp. Ginger, fresh, minced
- 1 tsp. Garlic, minced
- Dash Cayenne pepper
- 1 T. Chinese parsley, minced
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon, allspice or garam masala
1. Combine all ingredients in a small pot and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Break up mixture with a potato masher or fork.
4. Cool. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.