Adapted from “A DASH of Aloha”
- 2 pkg. Saimin, 4.5 oz. each, frozen, without soup-base
- 2 cups Japanese stock
- 8 oz. Baby bok choy - (Shanghai cabbage)
- 2oz. Daikon, peel and julienne
- 2 tbsp. Miso, white mixed with cold water till dissolved
- 1 tbsp. Green onions, sliced to taste
1. Cook saimin according to package directions. Do not use soup base. Strain.
2. Bring stock to the boil, add cabbage and daikon and cook till tender, about 2 minutes.
3. Add noodles and miso, remove from heat and serve.
Serving suggestion: Add grated ginger, minced garlic, fresh basil, cilantro and mint, sliced hot peppers.
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.