- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 cup SPAM Lite*, cut into strips
- 1 cup Won bok, cut into strips
- 1 cup Carrot, cut into strips
- ¼ cup Green onions, finely diced
- 2 tbsp Low-sodium Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- ½ tbsp Cornstarch, mixed with 1 tbsp Water
- 6” (or 4”) Snack sized whole-wheat Tortilla
*Substitute for SPAM: canned chicke
1. Sauté the SPAM Lite slices on the electric griddle at medium high heat until they turn slightly brown and caramelize. (This step will render out some of the fat)
2. Remove the SPAM slices from the griddle and blot the oil with a paper towel on both sides. (This step removes the oil from the SPAM)
3. Cut the SPAM into thin strips.
4. Place cabbage, carrot, and green onions onto the griddle and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Then, stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil.
6. Mix together cornstarch and water into a slurry and add to the mixture. Cook for about 2 minutes longer or until thickened.
7. Pour the mixture onto a plate to cool. This is the filling for the wraps. Turn off the griddle.
8. Place filling into the wrap.
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.