Serves 3 to 4
- 8 oz. Buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 bunch Kale*
- 1 cup Frozen (defrosted), or fresh shelled edamame
- 1 1/2 tsp Toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp Shoyu
- 1 tsp Toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup Grated carrot (optional)
*Can also use spinach, broccoli florets
1. Shell edamame. (can also use frozen edamame already shelled)
2. Bring pot of water to a boil.
3. Place spinach in a bowl and rinse well; drain in colander.
4. When water is boiling, add noodle and edamame. Make sure to submerge everything in water to cook evenly.
5. Cook 5 minutes or until soba is done, add spinach and make sure all the spinach is submerged. Turn off heat and remove everything from hot water immediately.
6. Drain in a colander. (if you want a cold noodle salad, rinse with cold water to cool down the noodles)
7. Shake well to release all the excess liquid.
8. Toss the noodle and vegetables with the sesame oil and low-salt shoyu.
9. Garnish with the carrot and toasted sesame seeds.
10. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Optional: Grate a little fresh ginger, place in a bowl and press with a spoon to release some ginger juice; add to noodles.
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.