- 3 lb. Kale, deveined, chopped
- 1 Sweet onion, large
- 4 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1 can (2 oz.) Anchovy fillets*, minced, keep oil from the can
- 1 lb. Honshimeji or sliced Crimini Mushrooms (can use other mushrooms)
- 6 + 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup White wine (optional: a splash of apple cider or balsamic vinegar)
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Dried red pepper flakes
- 1 whole Lemon zest
- Grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
* Possible substitute for anchovies: shrimp paste, minced dried shrimps
Serve with 1 lb. Pasta
1. Sauté mushroom in 1 tablespoon olive oil until the mushrooms are caramelized, remove and set aside.
2. Sauté garlic and onion in 6 tablespoons olive oil until soft, but not brown.
3. Add anchovy and oil from the can and sauté until well incorporated.
4. Add kale and sauté until well mixed, add mushrooms and toss to mix.
5. Add white wine to deglaze until wine is reduce a little.
6. Add chicken broth, turn heat to medium and cook until kale is soft and cooked down.
7. Mix in with pasta, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese, lemon zest, and dried red pepper flakes.
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.