- 8 oz. Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into bite size
- 8 oz. Chicken tender, 99% fat free
- 1 can Garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cloves Garlic, sliced thin
- 4 oz. Hamakua Shimeji mushroom
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar, plus extra for seasoning
- 1 tsp. Soy sauce
- 4 pieces Bay leaves
- 10 pieces Peppercorns
- 2/3 cup Chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil, extra virgin
- 6 cup Baby arugula*
1. Add all ingredients (except chicken broth, olive oil and arugula) in a pot with a cover.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce to medium heat.
3. Cook, partially covered, until liquids are evaporated about 10 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth, scraping the bottom of pot.
5. Remove from heat. Add olive oil and more vinegar, if desired.
6. Top salad greens with hot chicken mix and toss to combine.
7. Serve immediately with crusty rolls.
* Substitute baby tatsoi for a milder flavor, or baby spinach. For a spicier salad, slightly crush the peppercorns. Use steamed watercress or choy sum if cooked vegetables are preferred, and serve with brown rice.
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.