- 1 Tomato, chopped
- ¼ Onion, minced
- ¼ Jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ½ Lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tbs Cilantro, chopped
- 1 can chicken* in water (optional)
- 4 Romaine lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Fresh sweet corn
- ½ cup Black beans
*Alternative protein fillings:
- 1 can Tuna in water, drained or
- Hard boiled egg, chopped
1. Prepare salsa in medium bowl by combining tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, garlic, lime zest and juice. Mix well and chill until needed.
2. Combine chopped eggs, (or drained tuna, chicken), sweet corn, black beans, with prepared salsa mixing well.
3. Fill lettuce leaves with tuna salad mixture.
4. Garnish with cheese and cilantro if desired.
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.