Recipe originally posted on Epicurious
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into quarters, then cut crosswise into 1/8-inch slices
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus 3 tablespoons melted
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium baking apples, such as Sierra Beauty or Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and cut into quarters
- 6 cups loosely packed braising greens such as kale, chard, or collard greens, stems removed and torn into 2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, toss potato slices with 3 tablespoons melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bake until cooked through and slightly caramelized, about 20 minutes. Keep warm.
- In heavy medium skillet over moderate heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Add apples and sauté until tender and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Keep warm.
- In heavy large pot over moderate heat, combine remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 3 tablespoons water. Add greens and sauté, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 5 minutes. Lower heat to moderately low and add sweet potatoes and apples. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in parsley, remaining 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper. Serve hot.