Recipe originally posted on The Little Epicurean.
Yield: makes 10 popsicles
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 3 cups sliced strawberry
- 1/3 c + 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 Tbsp simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- In a blender, or food processor, puree pineapple chunks with 1/3 cup of pineapple juice. Taste and sweeten with 1 Tbsp simple syrup, if necessary. Transfer pineapple puree into a liquid measuring cup with a spout and set aside.
- Wash and clean out the blender. Puree strawberries with remaining 1/2 cup pineapple juice. Taste and sweetened with 2 Tbsp simple syrup, if necessary. Transfer strawberry puree into another liquid measuring cup with a spout.
- Pour strawberry puree into molds, filling mold half way. Next, slowly pour pineapple puree into the mold. Since the pineapple puree is denser than the strawberry, it will cause that swirling/marble effect.
- Place a layer of foil over the popsicle molds, followed by the popsicle mold cover. Insert wooden sticks into the mold and then remove popsicle mold cover, leaving only the foil. In my experience, I have had difficulty removing the plastic mold cover, so I prefer to use foil. Place mold in freezer for at least 3 hours until the popsicles are solid.
- To remove popsicles from mold, submerge mold into room temperature water for 60-90 seconds. Remove from water and pull popsicles out. Enjoy immediately!
- In a small sauce pot, combine water and sugar. Bring to a boil until sugar has dissolved. Let cool to room temperature. Store in fridge until ready to use.