Recipe provided by Simply Recipes
- 3 pounds chicken wing drummettes
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce if cooking gluten-free)
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce (or other hot sauce)
Preheat oven, prepare roasting pan: Preheat the oven to 425°F with a rack on the upper third of the oven. Line a roasting pan or thick baking sheet with foil. Rub some olive oil or canola oil over the foil to keep the wings from sticking.
Prepare marinade sauce: Whisk together the marinade ingredients—soy sauce, honey, grated ginger, garlic, hot sauce—in a bowl. Set aside half of the marinade to be used as a sauce (about 1/4 cup).
Toss wings with marinade, place on pan: Place the chicken wings in a bowl and toss with the remaining marinade. Arrange the wings, skin-side down, on the foil lined roasting pan, taking care not to crowd the pan.
Roast in oven: Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from oven, use tongs to turn the wings over so that they are now skin-side up, and roast for another 10 minutes, until nicely browned. Check while roasting to make sure they aren't getting too dark. If so, place on a lower rack or cover with foil to finish cooking.
Toss with reserved marinade sauce: Place cooked wings in a bowl and toss with the reserved marinade sauce.
Garnish: Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onions to serve.