Serves 4 to 6
- 12 – 16 oz. Penne pasta (or other types of pasta – bow tie/butter fly, shell, etc.)
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1 each Maui onion, chopped
- ½ each Bell pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 cup Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 1 cup Long beans, cut in 1 1/2 –inch pieces
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Asparagus, cut in 1 ½-inch pieces
- 2 cup Grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 each Carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 T. Fresh basil, chopped
- 1 T. Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 can Chicken, drained (optional)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 Tbsp. salt and cook pasta according to package directions for al dente pasta. Drain and hold.
2. Preheat a large skillet on medium heat. Add oil, onions, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, and long beans. Sauté for 3 - 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
3. Stir in the garlic, asparagus, and tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the carrot, herbs cheese, and chicken or tuna, add salt. Add to prepared pasta and toss well to heat through.
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.