- 4 Tbs Canola/Peanut/Corn Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 lb. Watercress, cut into 1" segments
- ¼ cups ( 4 - 6 Tbs) Medium Dry Sherry
- 1 ½ cups Chicken broth
- 2 Tbs Sesame oil
- Sesame Seeds, roasted
1. Heat sauté pan until it starts to smoke.
2. Add oil and let it heat up until just before it smokes.
3. Immediately add garlic and saute till caramelized.
4. Add Watercress, turn heat to medium and turn/toss vegetables quickly but gently.
5. Sauté until the vegetable turns a vibrant green color and evenly coated with the oil.
6. Add sherry to deglaze, mix vegetable well with the sherry.
7. Add chicken broth, turn the heat to medium to simmer for a short time only.
8. Turn off heat, drizzle sesame oil over vegetable.
9. Lift vegetable from the broth to plate, sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve.
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.