- 1 whole Large avocado (makes about 1 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup Honeydew melon pieces
- 2 tsp. Lime juice, squeezed fresh
- 2 tsp. Lime zest
- 1 cup Low-fat soymilk (or substitute 1% milk)
- 1 cup Plain low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup Apple juice, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp. Hawaiian honey
- Ice (optional)
1. Cut avocado in half and remove pit.
2. Scoop out the flesh into the blender.
3. Cut melon into large pieces and put into the blender.
4. Zest lime on a grater or microplane.
5. Add lime juice, lime zest, soymilk, yogurt, apple juice and honey.
6. Blend until smooth.
Alternative ingredients combination:
Pineapple, coconut milk*
Banana, honey dew melon
Banana, blueberries, strawberries
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.