This recipe makes a play on “French” toast offering a dairy and egg-free alternative using Hawaiʻi grown ingredients
- 3 ripe Bananas, divided
- 1 ½ cup Almond milk
- 1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 6 slices Whole grain bread
- 2 T. Canola oil, divided
1. Place 2 Hawaiʻi grown bananas (Apple or Williams), almond milk, and spices into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a shallow bowl or pie tin.
3. Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
4. Dip both sides of bread into milk mixture to soak.
5. Add half of the oil (1 T.) to the hot skillet.
6. Place 3 slices of soaked bread into the hot pan.
7. Cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
8. Remove from pan to plates.
9. Slice one banana and evenly garnish on top of French Toast.
10. Drizzle with agave or maple syrup.
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.