- 8 cups Chicken broth (low sodium)
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 ea. Medium onion, small dice
- 2 ea. Carrots, small dice
- 2 ea. Celery stalks, small dice
- 1 bunch Watercress, remove tough parts of the stem, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 4 stalks Choy sum, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 ea. Daikon, small dice
- Sliced Ginger
- Pepper to taste
- 2 pkg. Instant Ramen Noodles*, crushed into chunks
*do not use the seasoning packet that comes with the noodle
- Chopped cilantro or green onion for garnish
1. Sautee Garlic, Onion, Carrot, and Celery Stalk until fragrant.
2. Add Broth (can be half broth, half water) and bring to a boil.
3. Add chopped leafy greens (choy sum), daikon, and ginger.
4. Add Instant Noodles at the last minute, cook until soft.
5. Simmer soup or until vegetables are tender.
6. Add cilantro for garnish.
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.