Yields 4 Quesadillas or 16 Wedges to Serve 4
- 1 Green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 Yellow or orange bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 Red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 Onion sliced into strips
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 8 Flour tortillas, 8 inch
- 2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 Whole Roma tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1/4 Onion, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced finely
- 1/2 Serrano chili, cored, seeded and minced finely
- 1/2 C. Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 tsp Salt
1. Prepare salsa by combining the chopped fresh vegetables in a medium bowl.
2. Adjust spice level by using more or less chili peppers.
3. Set aside.
4. Preheat sauté pan or griddle to medium heat.
5. Add oil to the pan and sauté peppers and onions until tender or about 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and cool. Clean pan.
7. Combine 1/2 C. salsa with cheese and sautéed vegetables.
8. Lay out 4 tortillas and divide filling evenly among them.
9. Top each with second tortilla and press together.
10. Reheat clean pan on medium heat until hot.
11. Place a prepared quesadilla onto hot surface to cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden and melted.
12. Cool slightly and cut into wedges to serve with remaining salsa.
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.