No baking required!
- 1 lb. Macaroni (elbow) pasta
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, (reduced fat if available) shredded
- 1 cup Low fat milk
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 1 lb. Broccoli florets
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to al dente directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Cut Broccoli into florets. Blanch florets in hot water or chicken broth and 2 tbs. canola oil.
3. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, pumpkin, and nutmeg.
4. Stir until smooth and add in cheeses. Whisk together until melted and creamy.
5. Thin with additional milk as needed.
6. Stir in drained pasta until evenly coated.
7. Plant Broccoli “trees” on the pasta in the serving bowl or plate.
8. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.