- 6 tbs. Canola/Peanut/Corn Oil**
- 4 whole cloves Garlic, crushed, to flavor the oil
- 8 slices Ginger
- 2 lbs. Baby bok choy
- 1/3 cup Medium dry sherry
- 1 cup Chicken broth
1. Heat sauté pan until it starts to smoke.
2. Add oil, then garlic and sauté until caramelized .
3. Add ginger and dried shrimps to sauté till fragrant.
4. Add Shanghai Cabbage/Baby Bak Choy, turn/toss vegetables quickly but gently to coat all the leaves and stem with the oil.
5. Sauté until the vegetable turns a vibrant green color with an even sheen of oil.
6. Add sherry to deglaze, mix vegetable well with the sherry.
7. Add chicken broth broth, turn the heat to medium/low to simmer.
8. Lift vegetable from the broth to plate, pour a little of the broth over the vegetable.
* May also add ¼ cup dried shrimps together with the garlic.
** Not all the oil used is consumed as long as the vegetable is lifted from the pan into the serving dish, leaving the cooking liquid in the pan.
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.