- 1 ½ cup Quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups Water *
- 1 cup Cooked shelled edamame
- 1 - 1 ½ cup Long beans, cut into 1" pieces
- ½ cup Carrots, grated
- ½ cup Toasted almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup Green onions, sliced thin
- 2 – 4 T Cilantro or mint, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 T Toasted sesame oil
- 2 T Canola oil
- 2 T Light shoyu
- 2 T Honey
- 1/8 tsp. Red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp. Grated ginger
- 1 tsp. Garlic, minced
1. Bring water to boil in a medium pot and add in the quinoa.
2. Bring back to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
3. Cook for 20 minutes* (*Add long beans during last 5 minutes of cooking).
4. While the quinoa is cooking, combine the dressing ingredients (whisk or blend).
5. Transfer quinoa to a large mixing bowl while still warm and add in the rest of the ingredients. Add in the dressing and combine well.
6. Good at room temperature or chilled.
Kapiʻolani Community College Culinary Arts Program. Cooking Up A Rainbow. The Hawaii 5210 Edition 1.0.